Come Fly With Me ...
Some memories are lost in the maze of daily life.
's inevitable: the vicissitudes of everyday concerns, the many small and big problems that life sets before you, and so you end up forgetting things, certain dreams, certain ideas that have accompanied you on your journey growth.
I had completely forgotten, for example, that as a kid I wanted to become a military pilot dell'areonautica.
I loved hunting, I dreamed to fly through the sky aboard one of these flying monsters and do not waste the chance to imagine how it must feel to be attached to the seat of an F-14 Tom Cat or an F-15 Strike Eagle .
Then, accomplice to the height above the limits for admission, myopia, and perhaps also the fear of turning a dream into reality, I let it go ...
In watching TV, every time I passed on, those movies as a theme Aquila Steel (1 and 2), Top Gun , Fox Fire Fox Fire with the legendary Clint Eastwood , and thanks to my father (also a fan), I could play with simulators Microprose in those days were my only way to continue to dream of supersonic flight.
F-117A and F-15 were my favorite, which I've spent hours flying over the Middle East imagery, cutting down enemy fighters and bombing military facilities: it was a pleasure to watch the sky at sunset, the lights of the city, while the reassuring hiss of the engines from the aircraft carrier accompanied me on the way to the objective to eliminate.
Years pass and for all, as often happens, the layers of dust tend to hold even the most stubborn and dreams, then, this passion is passed into oblivion.
still have a few in a brief flicker of static model: painted and assembled model of Hunting of the Second World War, but even this short as I finished what was started, partly because, let's say, I was not much of a pattern ...
My father, on the other hand, in recent years, more and more enamored of Microsoft Flight Simulator , which he had loved since he returned from the U.S. (I remember an old manual one of the first versions that thumbed curiously, but that did not find the disks never): You even bought a stick Sidewinder and watched amused while, everything pleased, went for a walk in the heavens with his Cessna , the same plane on which his friend lost his life many years ago (and perhaps that passion remains the only virtual).
Maybe I will have removed these memories because they make me think of him, I do not know. But the fact is years that have not touched a flight simulator and I even threw away all the models (in rovinatisi removal), except a box of a civil jet yet to assemble. This is a Christmas gift I made to my father a few years before he left. I wanted it to be an excuse to sew up some tears in our relationship. Too bad it ended that way.
I never had the heart to throw it. The other day, while fixing the room, I recovered from the garbage bag where I had placed just before: I felt too bad the idea of \u200b\u200bparting with it, although I do not think it ever will mount.
The memory of this writing has been rekindled because, the week ago, I found Ace Combat 4 Playstation 2 for a used game store for my friend, a really great price: in the beginning I was not so convinced of the purchase, I do not know why ... perhaps because they were already surfacing of memories, but I'm not sure.
fact is that in a week and I finished the game I was excited as hell.
Needless to say, was spectacular from start to finish! The graphics, story, gameplay: I found this game Namco fantastic.
I must admit I knew only by reputation Ace Combat (I only tried the demo of 6 on Xbox 360 ) and thanks to Radiogame that, in episode 004 has sent a few tracks from their second chapter.
Now I want to fix it. I want them all.
And part of me is back in its place: Even though I fly always puts winks at least can I get a ride in the skies of my imagination.
I hope my father is doing the same.
0 comments:
Post a Comment